This bread is Yogurt Pineapple loaf bread, originated from Hong Kong signature Pineapple buns with a layer of sweet butter dough on top as bread topping. However there is no pineapple in the ingredients. Pineapple was used in the name because the layer of sweet butter dough cooked to golden brown resembled the pineapple skin.
High Protein Flour 250g,
salt 1/4 tsp.
Plain yogurt 80g (I used my homemade yogurt) [Make Homemade Yogurt]
Unsalted butter 20g (melted)
Sweet Butter skin dough:
Unsalted butter 40g,
Icing sugar 30g
Whole egg 15g,
Plain flour 55g,
milk powder 10g
Butter dough method:
1. Soften butter at room temperature, add icing/powdered sugar, whole eggs and mix well.
2. Add flour and milk powder; stirring with a rubber spatula to a smooth dough-like.
3. Remove and wrap with plastic film
4. Refrigerate butter skin for 20 minutes before shaping into rectangle shape.
1. Pour high protein flour into mixing bowl; add in the rest of ingredients A. However, avoid having the salt come in direct contact with the yeast which might dehydrate and kill the yeast.
2. Using mixer to mix or hand kneads the flour until form smooth dough and adds in melted butter B.
3. Continue to knead till it can stretch into thin sheet.
4. Place knead dough in a grease container covered with plastic wrap and proof until double in size, about 80 minutes.
5. Punch down the dough and remove it and divide into three equal portions, shape them into balls cover and leave them to rest for 15 minutes.
6. Using rolling pin gently flatten and shape into 3 oval shapes and roll up dough like making Swiss roll and place in a well-greased loaf tin, cover with plastic for second proofing about 60 minutes.
7. Upon completion of the final proofing, remove butter dough from refrigerator; shape into rectangle size match with the width and length of the loaf thin.
8. Gently remove butter dough from plastic wrap and layer to cover the bread dough at top.
9. Brush with egg mixture and place into the preheated oven, bake at 180 degrees for 30 minutes.
Do you have a recipe that would be perfect for Foodwhirl? Go here to submit it!Pin It