Born and Bred South African’s were brought up on the sickly sweet, naughty but oh-so-good fudge. Just about every SA family has their own unique recipe too!
This delicious recipe takes the familiarity of fudge, infuses it with Antonella Tiramisu and delights like soft toffee. The hint of coffee compliments the Antonella Tiramisu taste and flavour beautifully and thus can be decadently enjoyed with a strong Antonella Tiramisu coffee after meal times or even with a glass of cold milk on a warm summer afternoon.
The fudge can also be packaged into little packets or bags and make unique homemade gifts. For extra decadence factor, cover each piece in melted chocolate or added a handful of chopped pecans or macadamias to the mix for texture. This creamy fudge is highly addictive – you have been warned!
125ml Antonella Tiramisu
2ml Instant coffee
125ml Evaporated milk
170g White marshmallows, chopped
420g White chocolate, chopped
• Line a 18x28cm rectangular baking tray with foil. Coat lightly with Spray & Cook.
• Using a small microwaveable bowl, combine the Antonella Tiramisu and coffee. Microwave on high for 10 seconds until melted and dissolved. Set aside.
• In a pot over medium heat, melt the butter, evaporated milk, sugar and marshmallows. Stir continuously until melted and well combined.
• Add the Antonella Tiramisu coffee mix and stir well. Boil for 5 minutes until thick whilst stirring continuously.
• Remove from the heat and stir in the white chocolate pieces. Stir until smooth.
• Pour into a foil lined dish, smooth over the top and chill to set.
– This mixture starts to set quickly, so prepare your foil lined baking tray beforehand
– Chilling time required varies between 1-3 hours.