I’m so glad fall is here. Anyone else? Just the thought of pumpkins, leaves changing colors, cooler days, chilly evenings, soups, football on TV, and the smell of cinnamon in the air makes me all giddy. Living here in the Midwest I get the joy of seeing the changing seasons. Fall is my favorite time of year. After such a hot summer I’m enjoying a nice cool fall. This recipe will get you into the mood too.
1 box yellow cake mix
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. milk
1 (3.4 oz.) box vanilla instant pudding mix
1/2 c. sour cream
1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
1 stick butter
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
3/4 cups powdered sugar
1/4-1/2 cup heavy cream (start w 1/4 cup and add a little more cream if needed)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray a large jelly roll pan with non stick cooking spray.
2. Place cake mix, eggs, oil, milk, pudding, sour cream and pumpkin into a stand or electric mixer, beating until well combined. Pour onto pan, spreading evenly.
3. Melt butter in microwave. Add brown sugar and cinnamon to bowl, mixing until combined. Drizzle mixture evenly over cake then take a knife and run it through to swirl.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until cooked through.
5. Mix powdered sugar and cream until creamy and smooth. Drizzle over warm cake then let cool for 20 minutes before cutting into squares. Refrigerate if not serving same day.
Source: “mooched” from www.picky-palate.com