Making your own nut butters is really so fun and easy, I don’t know why I ever buy the storebought stuff. Make your own, then you can eat it, and use it in other recipes! And there are tons of ways to mix it up, too… read on.
Here’s another version, where you roast the almonds first: http://adashofzest.blogspot.com/2011/04/almond-butter.html
There are of course a bunch of different variations you can do on this.
Ideas for jazzing things up:
- Maple Cinnamon Almond Butter
- Java Almond Butter
- Coconut Almond Butter
- Cookie Dough Almond Butter
- Smoked Paprika Almond Butter
- Sea Salt & Honey Almond Butter
- Chocolate Almond Butter
- Cinnamon Vanilla Almond Butter (and some tips on processor size)