A cake with crumble topping??
It seemed an interesting idea since crumble is usually associated with a fruit crisp.
Imagine a chocolate pound cake which is rich, moist and delish, a subtle flavor of coffee and bits of chocolate!
A crumble topping with a slight crunch, imparting a nutty flavor and taste which comes from hazelnuts and hint of cinnamon.
The recipe has been taken from Pastry&Baking Magazine
[editors note: Foodwhirl is an international site, and some recipes will call for measurements by weight in grams - a simple kitchen scale (I like this one: OXO Food Scale) can handle these measurements, or use an online calculator for conversions.]
- 107gms butter
- 150gms demarera sugar
- 98 gms cake flour
- 120gms roasted hazelnuts
- 22gms cocoa
- .85gm baking soda (approx 1/2 tsp)
- 1 gm salt (approx 1/2 tsp)
- 1 gm cinnamon (approx 1/2 tsp )
- 190g Butter
- 300g Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 150 flour
- 35 gms cocoa
- 3 gms salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 117gms buttermilk
- 5gms Vanilla
- 2gms Coffee
- 50gms Chocolate
Combine all the ingredients in a mixer and process until all the ingredients combine to form a paste. Refrigerate until required.
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Add eggs to the creamed mix,
- Add dry ingredients alternating with buttermilk in 2-3lots.Scrape the bowl well.
- Grate chocolate and fold it into the batter.
- Line small loaf pans with baking paper.
- Put the batter in the pans and top it up with the crumble.
- Bake it at 180C for 35-40 mins or till done .
Do you have a recipe that would be perfect for Foodwhirl? Go here to submit it!Pin It