As I mentioned in my Japanese Beef Curry post (http://justonecookbook.com/blog/recipes/japanese-beef-curry/), curry rice is one of Japanese kids’ favorite meals. I always looked forward to the day when my mom was making curry rice for dinner. We have a lot of curry rice specialty restaurants in Japan and it wouldn’t be incorrect to say it’s one of the most popular dishes for the Japanese.
2 cup Dashi
1 medium onion, sliced
1 pkg (½ lb) sliced pork belly, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 cubes Japanese curry roux (preserve the rest in the fridge)
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
Green onions, chopped
1. In a large non-stick frying pan, heat oil on medium high heat and sauté onion.
2. When onion is getting soft, add the meat and cook on medium high heat until no longer pink.
3. Add Dashi and bring to a boil. Skim off scum and fat from soup, and turn down to medium low.
4. Add Japanese curry roux and mix until completely dissolved.
5. When the soup start to thicken, add soy sauce and mix well.
6. In a serving bowl/plate, put rice and pour the curry. Garnish with green onions. Serve immediately.
Link to Recipe: Pork Curry Donburi
Do you have a recipe that would be perfect for Foodwhirl? Go here to submit it!Pin It