I love stuffed mushrooms and decided to make these for an appetizer for our Valentine’s Dinner (see Gulf Coast Grouper Dinner). I went to the beach for Valentine’s weekend and stopped by my favorite seafood market, Buddy’s, to load up on seafood for the weekend. I can never go there without getting Buddy’s Smoked Tuna Dip and this trip was no exception. We had some organic baby bella mushrooms and when I started thinking about stuffing them, I ran across the tuna dip and decided it would be an incredible addition to the stuffing. No disappointment from the tuna dip addition!!! If you don’t have tuna dip, you could always use some crabmeat or chopped shrimp or other fish. Or if you prefer vegetarian, you can leave the seafood out altogether.
Smoked Tuna Stuffed Mushrooms
- 6-8 Baby Bella Mushrooms, cleaned with stems removed, chop the stems
- 1/4 cup smoked tuna dip (or crabmeat, chopped shrimp, or other seafood)
- 6-8 crackers smashed into crumbs (or use about 1/8 cup bread crumbs)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tblsp chopped bell pepper
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 2 tblsp shredded parmesan cheese
Mix all ingredients together and stuff into mushroom caps. Bake at 350 F for 25-30 minutes until lightly browned on top.