Do you love coffee? Do you love cookies? Do you love chocolate? Do you like them all together!?!? ME TOO! Look no further these cookies have it all. With added oats of course because you know- we need some nutrition! These cookies are delicious and can really hold up to being dipped in a hot cup-o-joe or some good old fashion milk.
Mocha Oat Cookies
A chocolate chip oat cookie with espresso
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups quick cook steel cut oats (or regular quick cook oats)
- 1 1/2 TBS ground espresso or coffee beans
- 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter (not melted)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2-1 cup chocolate chips (depending on your preference)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line some baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift together the first four ingredients: flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda.
- Then whisk in the oats and espresso/coffee.
- Cream together the rest of the wet ingredients in a separate bowl: butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg, vanilla.
- Slowly combine the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Form dough into balls with hands and place on parchment lined sheets.
- Flatten dough balls with hands (they do not expand much).
- Bake 10-13 minutes.