(yes, I know Pi Day was yesterday)
My brother: “It’s Pi Day, why don’t you have a pie on Foodwhirl?”
Me: “Ummm, I haven’t made a pie lately?”
My brother: “But… It’s Pi Day. You need pie.”
Me: “Well, make me a pie and I’ll put it up on Foodwhirl, tomorrow”
My brother: “OK.”
Click the Photos at the top to view as a slide show.
Brett’s Blueberry Raspberry Pie
- 2 c blueberries (this being winter, they were frozen from last summer)
- 2 c raspberries (ditto — don’t thaw, just leave frozen)
- 3/4 c sugar
- 3 tbs flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon peel
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp butter
- pastry for top and bottom crust (make your own or use the All-ready type in the refrigerated section, by the biscuits and cookie dough)
- Preheat oven to 375
- Place 1 pie crust pastry in the bottom of your pie pan, crimp edges.
- In a bowl combine berries, flour, sugar, spices.
- Toss to coat berries.
- Pour berry mixture into pan, sprinkle lemon juice on evenly, then dot with butter.
- Cover with top crust, and slit. Sprinkle top with cinnamon sugar.
Bake @ 375 until pie is hot and bubbly through gaps in the crust. (Maybe 30 min for fresh berries, at least 45 min if the berries are frozen)
Top with ice cream while reciting the significant digits of Pi!