The standard Tabbouleh is quite a clean salad with good oils and a fresh lemony dressing, but with the bulgar wheat, it’s not something I can enjoy. Thankfully I solved this problem with my paleo and gluten-free taboulleh recipe!
For my friends that are on a grain-free and dairy-free diet, this salad is just for you. It’s fresh and clean and a great accompaniment to beef or fish, or any protein really. It’s light and won’t leave you feeling bloated afterwards. Plus it’s really not that difficult to make. You could even double up and make a large batch to last you throughout the week. Meal prep is the best!
2-3 bunches parsley leaves
2 bunches green onions
2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
1 cup raw shredded cauliflower, rice-shaped (2 cups is optional)
Juice of 3 medium seeded lemons
3 tablespoons olive oil
Salt to taste
1. Begin picking leaves from parsley (no stems).
2. Rinse well and allow to air dry.
3. Chop leaves finely.
4. Boil water.
5. Remove stem at the end of tomatoes.
6. Blanch for one minute.
7. Remove skin and seeds of the tomatoes and cut tomatoes into small chunks.
8. Chop up the green onions, the white bulbs and the green part.
9. Mix green onions with tomatoes and parsley and mint.
10. Steam 1-2 cups of raw shredded cauliflower for one-two minutes on high in microwave.
11. Shred your cauliflower with a cheese grater.
12. Cover and then stir and let cool.
13. Add to vegetable mixture.
14. Add juice of 3 lemons and 3 tablespoons olive oil.
16. Add salt to taste.