I love making homemade sauces with my beef dishes. Since I don’t eat any gluten or grains, I have to be cautious about the sauces that I purchase. You’d be amazed at how many sauces out there contain gluten in the ingredients! Well this recipe here for beef ribs is simple to make and something I love to whip up for family gatherings or when I’m in the mood for a comforting and filling dish, sans the gluten. This is actually quite simple to make and will slow cook for about 2 hours while you relax and enjoy time with family or however you choose to spend it.
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1-2 lbs beef ribs (6-8 pieces)
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ cup coconut flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup good red wine or gluten-free beer
1 cup beef stock
2 cups mushrooms
2 strips cooked bacon
1. Season the short ribs with salt and pepper.
2. Dredge in coconut flour until coated.
3. Heat your oil in a skillet on high heat.
4. Reduce heat and brown the ribs all over.
6. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
7. Add the onion and garlic to the skillet. Cook and stir until onion is tender, about 5 mins.
8. Add mushrooms.
9. Return the ribs to the skillet and pour in the wine or beer.
10. Stir, scraping the bottom of the pan, until all of the browned bits have mixed in with the liquid.
11. Pour in the beef stock, add the bacon and cover and simmer over low heat until very tender, about 2 hrs.
12. Remove bacon before serving.