Now that Summer is over, pumpkin is all over the place. I love to cook up fresh pumpkin with veggies in this delicious medley alongside turkey or another protein of choice. This is definitely the right season for this dish. Enjoy it as part of a holiday meal or any other time you are craving pumpkin!
1 small pumpkin, cleaned and sliced into wedges
1 small red pepper, cleaned and sliced lengthwise
5 garlic cloves, left whole or as desired
¼ cup Pure Indian Foods Cultured Ghee (or grass-fed butter or coconut oil)
⅛ teaspoon pure Turmeric or ½ – 1 teaspoon Curcumin (as your taste buds desire)
1 teaspoon sea salt, or more to taste
¼ cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
Optional: Handful of sundried tomatoes
Garnish: 2 sprigs of rosemary
1. Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
2. Toss all ingredients excluding pepitas, rosemary and sundried tomatoes (if you’re using them) and cover with foil.
3. Place in preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes.
4. Toss ingredients well, then lower the temperature to 325F degrees and bake for another 15-20 minutes uncovered.
5. Add pepitas and sundried tomatoes during the last 5 minutes and salt more as desired.
6. Garnish with rosemary.