This chicken meatball recipe is a nice departure from the standard beef meatballs – less fat but still moist and flavorful. Recipe as listed includes cream cheese and Parmesan cheese but shredded sharp cheddar works as well.
One thing to note is that the mixture is extremely wet and it is a near impossible feat to get nice round meatballs.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup light cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; mix well. Form mixture into 12 meatballs; place on prepared pan.
- Bake in center of preheated oven until juices run clear, 18-20 minutes. Serve as is with buttered noodles, or with marinara. Or on bread as subs!