I’m having loads of fun exploring burgers this week and actually, so is my husband Filippo! Today we’re using another alternate protein, chicken. I wanted to create a hearty burger that would satisfy a big manly appetite or even a teenage boy who loves his big meaty burgers.
So after some experimenting I settled on a ground chicken burger stuffed with a mixture of fresh rosemary, sundried tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. I can guarantee this burger will satisfy even the pickiest beef burger lover. It’s hearty like beef, not at all dainty in flavor and pairs perfectly with a chill beer.
If you wanted, these chicken patties could be served as a main dish with a salad or veggies on the side. Definitely serve the onion mustard sauce on the side or topping the patties; it really adds another dimension of flavor!
Special Instructions: serves three
Ingredients for 3 burgers:
1 pound ground chicken
4 burger buns of choice
3 Sundried Tomatoes finely Chopped
¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 T. Non Fat Greek Yogurt
3 T. Fresh Chopped Rosemary
1 cup baby spinach
Mustard Red Onion SauceIngredients for Mustard Red Onion Sauce:
½ cup Non Fat Greek Yogurt
¼ cup Grated Red Onion with juice
1 T. Dijon Mustard
¼ t. salt
½ t. lemon juice
1. Mix all sauce ingredients together and set aside
2. Divide chicken into 6 thin patties
3. Mix together sundried tomatoes, yogurt, mozzarella and rosemary
4. Spread cheese mixture in center three of the patties
5. Top with remaining patties gently squeezing edges together
6. Heat sauté or grill pan and coat with non stick spray
7. Sauté patties for about 15 minutes on medium turning once.
8. Spread Sauce on top and bottom of buns, add the spinach and patty.