I wanted something a little bit more sophisticated to serve with our Easter bunny cake, so I decided to try my hand at a strawberry curd.
2 cups fresh strawberry puree
9 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
4 tablespoons butter
juice from one lemon
2. In a heat-proof bowl, whisk together egg yolks and sugar
3. Once puree is hot, remove from heat and drizzle slowly into egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly.
4. Place bowl over pot of simmering water, creating a double boiler. Stir constantly until mixture thickens, about five minutes.
5 Remove from heat, and whisk in butter one tablespoon at a time, being sure to fully incorporate before next addition. Add lemon juice and stir to combine.
6. Chill thoroughly – it will thicken further as it cools.
7. Enjoy!Pin It Jump to Comments!